FBA Pro BBQ Contest Application
Thank you for your interest in the 10th annual Suncoast BBQ & Bluegrass Bash BBQ Contest. As the largest event of its kind in Southwest Florida and quickly rising in fame in the competitive barbecue world, you’ll be competing with some of the world’s best pit masters. More than 20,000 folks are anticipated to be at this year’s Bash, featuring finger-lickin’ good barbecue, hot pickin’ bluegrass music and good times!
THIS IS A FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED EVENT! YOUR PLACE IS NOT CONFIRMED UNTIL YOU HAVE SUBMITTED A REGISTRATION FORM AND PAID THE ENTRY FEE. REGISTRATION SUBMITTAL DOES NOT GUARANTEE ACCEPTANCE TO CONTEST
Please note that this is a Florida BBQ Association-sanctioned event, therefore all FBA rules will be in effect for all participants. Complete rules and regulations are available at fbabbq.com.
Grand Champion – $2,500
Reserve Champion – $2,000
3rd Place – $1,500
4th Place – $1,000
5th Place – $500
6th-10th Place – $300
*Custom Awards For Grand Champion, Reserve Champion and Category Winners.
1st Place – $500
2nd Place – $450
3rd Place – $400
4th Place – $350
5th Place – $300
6th Place – $250
7th Place – $200
8th Place – $150
9th Place – $100
10th Place – $50
- Set-up times: Thursday, 10 am-4 pm (No gate entrance after 4 pm) / Friday 8 am-4 pm – NO EXCEPTIONS
- There will be a mandatory Cooks meeting on Friday at 5 pm. Meat inspections will begin at noon and 4 pm.
- Pets are not allowed in cooking areas or in public areas during event hours.
- Ice will be available for purchase.
- Water and electricity service (20 amp) will be available to the first 50 teams. You must provide any electrical service in excess of 20 amps. No modifications to water and/or electrical service can be made. Any such modification shall result in disqualification and you will be charged for all damages caused by any modifications.
- Quiet time is in effect from 11 pm until 6 am daily. Failure to comply may cause removal from contest site.
- 5 lb. minimum Fire Extinguishers are required.
- No motorized cycles, golf carts or ATV’s allowed except by event officials.
- Teams are Prohibited from offering free samples to event patrons without authorization
- No teams may vend without written permission.
- 25′(W)x50′(D) ft. space (1 space per team) is provided. Advance notice of exceptions is required. Tents that exceed 200 sq ft require a city permit.
- Garbage pick-up will be provided
- Two Fish Fry Dinner tickets
- Free country breakfast
For details, contact Don Fisher, (941) 809-5232
10 am-4pm – Set Up
8 am-4 pm – Set Up
12-4pm – Meat Inspection
5 pm – Mandatory Cook Team Meeting
6 pm – Fish Fry Dinner
11 am – Chicken turn in
12 pm – Ribs turn in
1 pm – Pork turn in
2 pm – Brisket turn in
5 pm – Awards
The awards ceremony will take place on the main stage at 5 pm on Saturday. Grand Champion will qualify for the Jack Daniels World Invitation BBQ Championship and the American Royal World Series of BBQ. You must participate in all four categories to be eligible for Grand/Reserve Champion Awards.