It’s both fun and rewarding to volunteer at the Suncoast BBQ & Bluegrass Bash! One walks away knowing that their efforts have helped better the lives of handicapped children throughout the Venice community. Our volunteers have made the Suncoast BBQ Bash and Bluegrass Bash a big success year after year. We are reaching out again this year for additional support. Volunteers are needed for a variety of jobs such as traffic and parking control, contest assistants, merchandise and ticket sales, and more. If you are interested, we encourage you to review the requirements and responsibilities below before submitting your name and contact information. Thank you for your consideration! We look forward to seeing you on Friday & Saturday, March 27 & 28. All money raised goes to charities. Sign up today!
- 18 years of age or older. If under 18, you must have parental permission.
- Courteous and polite
- Be on time for shift check-in and work assignment. Please plan enough time for transportation to and from the Airport Festival Grounds. Even though we have our improved parking facilities, allow enough time to park or try to carpool with another person.
- Check-in at the volunteer tent.
- Work your entire shift.
- Notify the volunteer coordinator immediately if there are any changes in your availability to work your assigned shift once the event begins.
- Volunteers must wear volunteer shirts or a shirt identifying them as a volunteer during event hours.
- Arrange for childcare prior to arriving. Children are not allowed to accompany their parents to work.
- Please help police your area for trash and remove to appropriate containers.
What A Volunteer Needs
- Comfortable shoes
- A volunteer T-shirt will be provided at the time of check-in at the event
- Sunblock/screen lotion
- A friendly smile
- Report to the volunteer check-in tent ready to work.
- All volunteers are asked to check-in 15 minutes prior to their shift
- A volunteer coordinator will provide your assignment and any needed instructions
Location of Services
- Volunteer check-in at the General Store
- Handicapped parking available
- Restrooms are available throughout the event
- The event will be held rain or shine – Wear appropriate clothes.
- No drugs, pets, firearms, unauthorized ATVs, golf carts or Segways permitted.